Parent Teacher Council
After collecting community feedback at two well-attended forums at the Spring Fling and DNDC Clubhouse, Chesnut's PTC - including administration, faculty and parent representatives - has agreed to move forward in submitting for Chesnut's charter renewal. For any stakeholders who were unable to attend, please see the presentation here.
Whether to suggest issues that you'd like the charter to address, or to join the CRC (Charter Rewrite Committee), please email
The Chesnut Parent Teacher Council is comprised of parents and teachers who fulfill the roles of the Council defined in our Charter. Members serve a two-year term.
Our Charter grants Chesnut Charter School autonomy from the local school system by allowing for a Parent Teacher Council. In order to ensure input from all constituent groups, the Council has six action teams made up of administrators, teachers and parents which regularly bring recommendations to the Charter Council.
These action teams are responsible for a variety of areas: Curriculum and Instruction, Facilities, Finance, Community, Communications and Wellness, thus allowing all stakeholders to participate in the decision making process.
The guiding principles of the PTC are:
- Identify and Instate Creative Approaches to Learning
- Welcome Parent Involvement
- Celebrate Our Diverse School Family
PTC meetings are generally held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month in the Media Center. Times are published on the school calendar. Please contact the chairperson at least 3 days prior to the meeting if you wish to be added to the agenda.
- MAY 2014 - Click here to view the PowerPoint on recommendation to delay charter petition until 2014-15.
- FEB 2014 - Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation regarding requesting a 1-yr extension to our Charter.
- SEPT 2013 - Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation given at this year's Curriculum Night.
2014-15 Spirit Night Partners