Parent Teacher Council
Review the Charter Petition and VOTE!
During Open House/Registration on August 5th, there will be a station where you can cast your ballot for/against the new charter petition. For the next two weeks, it is available online here, and in the front office at Chesnut.
Please note that to maintain our school's status as a charter, we have had to meet new state requirements in our charter renewal petition. Therefore our petition suggests several changes to Chesnut's operations, detailed within.
Thank you Chesnut parents and faculty who attended the Charter Informational Nights, and offered constructive feedback. Chesnut also thanks the Dunwoody North Driving Club and Columns at Lake Ridge Apartments for hosting us.
If you were unable to attend, please view the nights' presentation to get an overview of the changes that our charter renewal petition proposes, including new:
- Chesnut City Instruction Model
- Student-Parent-Teacher-Administrator Compact
- Parents’ Nights
- Governing Board
- Foreign Language Special
- Job Openings - Part-Time Lunch Monitors
The Chesnut Parent Teacher Council is comprised of parents and teachers who fulfill the roles of the Council defined in our Charter. Members serve a two-year term.
Our Charter grants Chesnut Charter School autonomy from the local school system by allowing for a Parent Teacher Council. In order to ensure input from all constituent groups, the Council has six action teams made up of administrators, teachers and parents which regularly bring recommendations to the Charter Council.
These action teams are responsible for a variety of areas: Curriculum and Instruction, Facilities, Finance, Community, Communications and Wellness, thus allowing all stakeholders to participate in the decision making process.
The guiding principles of the PTC are:
- Identify and Instate Creative Approaches to Learning
- Welcome Parent Involvement
- Celebrate Our Diverse School Family
PTC meetings are generally held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month in the Media Center. Times are published on the school calendar. Please contact the chairperson at least 3 days prior to the meeting if you wish to be added to the agenda.
- MAY 2014 - Click here to view the PowerPoint on recommendation to delay charter petition until 2014-15.
- FEB 2014 - Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation regarding requesting a 1-yr extension to our Charter.
- SEPT 2013 - Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation given at this year's Curriculum Night.
2014-15 Spirit Night Partners