Chesnut Charter Agreement - Parents and Guardians
The Chesnut Charter Parent/Guardian Agreement emphasizes involving parents in the education of their children. According to our Charter, all families attending Chesnut must meet the following requirements:
- Earn twelve (12) charter credits.
- Attend one required Parent/Guardian Conference per semester. Attendance at extra conferences is also required if requested by the teacher.
- Supervise the completion of homework.
- Adhere to the School Attendance Policy.
- Adhere to the School Dress Code.
- Adhere to drop-off and pick-up policies.
- Support appropriate behavior by adhering to the School Discipline Policy.
Parent Involvement Requirement
During the school year, the Charter requires each family to earn twelve (12) charter credits. Half of this obligation must be completed during the first semester. That is, you must earn six (6) charter credits before the winter holidays in December. The remaining half, or six (6), must be completed by the first week of May.
These credits may be earned by either "working" or by "attending/donating." No more than half of the obligation, or six (6) credits, may be completed by "attending/donating." At least half, a minimum of six (6), must be completed by "working."
Each family is responsible for reporting their charter activities to the Family Support Team. This can be done by entering the information directly into Chesnut's volunteer management system, OurVolts. A link to this system is available at www.chesnutcharter.com. Instructions are available online.
Examples of "working" are:
Examples of "attending/donating" are:
2014-15 Spirit Night Partners