This program is part of the Georgia Safe Routes To School program, which is meant to promote health and safety for students by encouraging them to walk or ride to school. This is Chesnut’s third year participating, and like last year, we want to see which class with the most participants will win the coveted "Golden Sneaker" award for that month! (Additional prizes are in the works.)
- Wednesday, September 3: "Fall" into Walk to School
- Wednesday, October 8: Fire Up Your Feet for International Walk to School Day!
- Wednesday, November 5: Turkey Trot to School
- Wednesday, December 3: Chesnut's Walking Winter Wonderland
- Wednesday, January 7: Chesnut's Snowman Stride
- Wednesday, February 4: Chesnut has a Healthy Heart!
- Wednesday, March 4: Chesnut is Lucky to Walk to School!
- Wednesday, April 1: Chesnut is Putting Some 'Spring' into our Steps!
- Wednesday, May 6: Chesnut is Walking on Sunshine!
WALK ROUTE DETAILS:
NOTE: For the safety of your children, please have your students at the check-in point on time and check them in with the Route Captain so that each student is safe and accounted for.
--- coming soon ----
BIKE RIDERS / WALK YOUR OWN ROUTE:
Bike riders are welcomed! Please be sure your child wears a helmet. Your walker/rider can also meet the group along the route. All walkers, even if they use a different route than those listed, should be sure to enter school through the front entrance to be counted.
Each route must have a parent “Captain” to ensure the safety of the walkers/riders. The "Captain" will fill out a roster of walkers in your group as you walk to help streamline the process at the front entrance where walkers are counted. (Click here to get more information and/or download the roster file.)
Additional parent volunteers are requested at the front entrance to assist in logging walkers / riders and handing out the prize of the day: stickers, silly bracelets, etc.
2014-15 Spirit Night Partners