We have pledged a little over $18,000 for our school, and we will keep about 58% of this. All grades ran in the FunRun on Monday in the gym. The track size was a little smaller than if we had been outside, so almost everyone maxed out their laps at 35, and one 4th grader ran 66 laps!
Still Time To Pledge!
Some families have had trouble logging on and were disappointed that they couldn't pledge (and kids didn't receive prizes). To allow a little extra time, and earn a little extra for Chesnut, we will keep the pledging window OPEN through Sunday night this weekend. The more we raise, the higher a percentage we keep.
Note: The last 2 Prize Days for kids will be Friday, 3/7 and Monday, 3/10.
To log on:
- Go to FunRun.com
- First time only, you MUST scroll down on the screen to accept the Boosterthon terms - only then will the red checkbox to CONTINUE turn green.
- First time only, enter parent/guardian contact information.
- Enter pledge information If you have any trouble entering pledges, email us with the details of your pledges - we can enter them for you. (name, amount, email and phone)
Ready to Send in Money?
We will be sending home envelopes with each student this week. Please gather your pledge money and send in a single envelope before Monday, 3/10. There will be another collection day in a few weeks for people waiting for checks from out of state, etc.
If you want to send in payment now, use your own envelope, and PLEASE include Student name, Teacher name and clearly write BOOSTERTHON on the front.
Thanks for supporting Chesnut!
The voting period has closed on whether Chesnut should request an extension of one year for its Charter. Results of all votes are:
- Parents voted: 80
- Teachers voted: 8
- Unknown parent/teacher voted: 1
- Total YES = 87 98%
- Total NO = 2 2%
Once approved by the PTC, Chesnut will submit a request for a 1-year extension to the current charter.
At the March 3 meeting of the Board of Education, the Board APPROVED the following changes to this year's calendar to make up for lost time due to snow and ice:
- Add five instruction days prior to the CRCT for students in grades 3-8 by moving the testing dates from April 15-24 to April 22-May 1
- Add three instructional and remediation days to the end of the school year - May 21-23
- Move the CRCT re-test window to May 20-22 to recoup remediation days prior to the CRCT re-assessment
- No change to EOCT testing for May 5-12 for students in grades 9-12
The Spring Dance and Silent Auction will be held at Chesnut this year on March 21st from 6-8pm. While the kids are dancing, parents can enjoy themselves by bidding on some of the amazing items we have at the Silent Auction which will be held in the media center.
Some of the exciting items that we have this year are:
- 4 One Day Park Hopper Passes to Walt Disney World
- Summer Membership to the JCC
- Passes to the World of Coca Cola
- ChickFilA for a Year
- Yogli Mogli for a Year
- Stone Mountain Park Passes
- party at Jump Jump
- Classroom Art Projects and Gift Baskets
- the ever-popular Teacher Experiences
The county-wide Pre-K lottery for the 2014-15 school year will be held on Friday, March 28, 2014 between 8:30 am and 1:00 pm. In order to participate in the lottery, parents may only register at the school that serves their legal address and should bring:
- original certified birth certificate - children must turn 4 years old on or before September 1 to be age-eligible for the program
- proof of residency (electric, gas or water bill, apartment lease or house contract)
- child's Social Security Number
- photo identification
No applications will be accepted before 8:30 AM or after 1:00 PM. All children not chosen will be placed in a waiting pool until spaces become available. Schools continue to accept applications for the waiting pool after the lottery utilization, if and when space becomes available in the class.